AussieBet Believes in Wagering Responsibly
At AussieBet we take our responsibilities seriously – yes we provide reviews and information about betting and wagering sites in Australia, and we aim to ensure our information is of the highest quality, but what we truly believe is that betting should be done in moderation and done responsibly.
As soon as wagering isn’t fun for you, it’s time to stop and to get help as you may have a gambling problem, so please keep reading below for some advice about who to contact and when.
There are also many ways to keep tabs of your gambling and all major betting sites should enforce these if they are to meet their own responsible wagering requirements.
Betting Site Responsible Gambling Measures
- Deposit Limits – set these at the beginning and limit how much you can deposit per day/week/month
- Self-Exclusion – self-exclude and your account will be closed completely for the set time
- Reality Checks – set these to get reminders of how much you’ve bet or wagered
- KYC Communication – sites want to know who you are and that you’re betting responsibly
- Regular responsible wagering adverts – info on how to get help
Key Responsible Wagering Groups – Get the Help you Need
It’s not enough for us to just say ‘be careful’ when you bet or to ‘bet in moderation’. We want all of our readers to wager responsibly but we understand that problem gambling is a real issue and the quicker that someone gets the help they need, the better the outcome. With that in mind, here are some of the best resources for problem gamblers:
Australian Government Problem Gambling Website
Checkout the Australian Government’s problem gambling website first and foremost. It provides loads of info around the effects and impact of problem gambling.
The Gambling Helpline
A great resource to anyone who is suffering from problem gambling. You can get assistance immediately by calling the Helpline on 1800 858 858. This is a free service and totally confidential and can be contacted 24/7. Even if you’re a friend or family member of someone who suffers – call; they won’t turn you away.
Gambling Help Online
The Gambling Help Online site is, again, a free and confidential support hub that offers counseling, and support 24/7 to any problem gamblers.
A well-known resource, Gamblers Anonymous is an experience-sharing fellowship, and help through sharing their problems, and their successes to help others who suffer from gambling problems to recover
Please, Ask Yourself Some Questions When you Gamble
If you feel, whatsoever, that you may have a gambling problem, or feel someone you know may – ask these questions. If you can answer yes to some of these questions, then please seek some advice or help from the groups above.
- Do you prefer to be gambling or wagering over spending time with your family members?
- To facilitate gambling, would you steal, lie or sell your assets?
- Have you missed school for gambling?
- Have you missed work to gamble?
- Is gambling a release from life?
- Have you lost all of your money through gambling?
- Have you ever lied about gambling?
- Do people tell you that you’re gambling too much?
- Are you depressed when you lose money through gambling? Do you then gamble more to compensate?
- Do you ever chase all of your losses right away when you happen to incur a loss due to gambling, by gambling more?
- Does gambling make you suicidal?