Rugby Union And Super Rugby Betting Guide
Rugby Union is a very popular sport in Australia, especially in NSW, the ACT and QLD. The Aussie National team has had plenty of success down through the years and they have been twice crowned world champions. Our rugby union and Super Rugby betting guide will concentrate on the domestic rugby union scene in Australia.
Super Rugby is the premier rugby union competition contested by Aussie clubs with five participating in total. In our guide we will look at the history of Australian Rugby Union, how to bet on Super Rugby and where is the best bookie to bet on Super Rugby. Just keep on reading to discover all there is to know about betting on rugby union in Australia.
Rugby Union Australia History
Rugby Union has long been established in Australia, with records of matches taking place since all the way back in 1864. It is played throughout the nation, but traditionally it has been most popular in NSW, QLD and the ACT. For Aussie clubs Super Rugby, a multi-regional competition involving teams across the Southern Hemisphere. Australia currently has five clubs of the fifteen currently competing, The Reds (QLD), The Brumbies (ACT), The Waratahs (NSW), The Force (WA) and The Rebels (VIC).
The Australian National Rugby team, affectionately known as The Wallabies, has had plenty of success down through the years. They lifted the World Cup trophy in 1991 and 2003, but they have struggled somewhat in recent times. Australia are currently sitting 4th in the Rugby Union Rankings, and they also compete in the Rugby Championship. That is an annual tournament contested by Australia, New Zealand, Argentina and South Africa. Australia last triumphed in 2015, their sole victory since Argentina were added in 2015.
How To Bet On Super Rugby
If you enjoy having a bet on The Super Rugby you have a healthy amount of options to choose from. All major Australian bookies offer odds on Super Rugby matches and the amount of markets on offer can vary hugely between bookmakers. The simplest way to bet on Super Rugby matches is in the head to head market. You bet on either team to win the match or else for them to draw.
Handicap or line betting is another very popular wager type for Super Rugby contests. If you fancy a team to win (or lose) by a big or small margin, then this could be the best bet for you. For example, in a recent Super Rugby clash between the Waratahs and the Blues you could back the Waratahs at 1.49 with Palmerbet in the h2h market. However, if you fancied them to win by 6.5 points or more you can get odds of 1.9.
You can also bet on the total amount of tries scored, total points, the precise winning margin and you can bet on those markets for either the first half, second half or the full match. Betting markets are also available for betting on players. These markets include first, last or anytime try scorer, the player to score the most tries or even to score the most points. You can also bet on the outright winner of Super Rugby and you can check out the latest odds below.
Where To Bet On Super Rugby
So, you want to have a wager on a Super Rugby fixture, but you aren’t sure which bookie is best. Well, there are a number of factors to consider when you are deciding where to bet on Super Rugby. Most important of all in our opinion is the quality of odds, because after all you will want to maximise your profits. We compared the odds available from a number of bookies for the Waratahs vs Blues match.
Of the three bookmakers we compared Palmerbet had the best value odds with an over round of 108.73%. Next best was Bet365 Australia with an over round of 108.75%, while SportsBet were worst when it came to the value of odds on offer with an over round of 109.17%. So, if you are looking for the best value for betting on Super Rugby then Palmerbet could be the perfect betting company for you.
Super Rugby Last 10 Winners
Super Rugby Outright Winner Odds 2018 Palmerbet
Super Rugby Betting Advice And Outright Tip 2019
- Always check out the current form as confidence is massively important and teams can often rack up winning sequences when confidence is running high.
- Home advantage can be massive in Super Rugby, and sometimes if a team has to travel a long distance they can be at an instant disadvantage.
- Weather conditions can also play a big part in determining the result in Super Rugby matches.
- Some teams are best when it is dry and the sun is shining, while others excel when the rain is falling and the wind is blowing so make sure to check the weather forecast before you bet.
- Head to head statistics are also worth taking a look at before you place your wager as every club usually has a ‘bogey team’.
- The 2019 season should be a stormer with action due to kick off in February
- 2014 Champions The Waratahs are looking like the most likely Aussie team to compete for the Super League Title this season.
- We think that the odds of 13.0 available about The Waratahs in the futures market with Palmerbet is a more than fair price and they are our each way tip for Super Rugby 2019.